Brittany Banks Of '90 Day Fiance: The Other Way' Shares Tips For Dating Outside Your Culture
It takes a lot of effort to make a relationship last, especially when you’re dating someone whose culture is much different than yours.
Brittany and Yazan, stars of 90 Day Fiancé, know all about those obstacles. They both struggled to mesh their two very different lifestyles.
the two lived in different countries and came from two vastly different cultures. Brittany was a free-spirited Black woman in the U.S., which was a contrast to Yazan’s Islamic lifestyle in Jordan.
In order to make their relationship work, it took a lot of sacrifice, which included Brittany giving up her party lifestyle to move to Jordan with Yazan.
IT ALSO MEANT CONSIDERING CONVERTING TO ISLAM AND FOR YAZAN, HIS FAMILY’S DISAPPROVAL OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP.
Through all the ups and downs, Brittany has learned a lot from their experience. The reality star sat down with Travel Noire to share 5 tips for dating outside of your culture.
• Will your families be a problem?
• Will one’s culture take
precedence over the other?
• What will your ideal marriage look like?
1. Ask the hard questions, don’t be timid.
2. Meet each other’s families and lay out expectations and boundaries with them.
3. Travel together and have new experiences together
4. KEEP AN OPEN MIND
5. Don’t be too serious or hard on yourselves. Have fun and be selfish! It’s your life to live not anyone else’s and you only get one. Live your truth and fulfill your purpose.
Read More On Travel Noire